Cellex qSARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test
(Catalog #: 5512C025)
*** Product is currently
“For Research, Screening or
Surveillance Use Only” ***
- The qSARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test is a lateral flow immunoassay for qualitative detection of nucleocapsid antigens of the SARS-CoV-2 virus in nasopharyngeal swab specimens from individuals who are suspected of COVID-19 by their healthcare provider. It is intended to aid in the rapid diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 infections.
- COVID-19 is an acute respiratory infectious disease caused by infection of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, a novel coronavirus belonging to the beta genus of the coronaviruses. After infection, there is an incubation period of 1 to 14 days, mostly 3 to 7 days before disease onset. The disease symptoms include fatigue, dry cough, loss of taste and smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, myalgia and/or diarrhea. This rapid test was designed to detect viral antigens in upper respiratory specimens collected during the acute phase of infection.
- Results in only 15 minutes
- No instrument reader or lab equipment needed
Please contact us for more information!
- This test has not been authorized or approved by the FDA.
- Positive results indicate the presence of viral antigens, but clinical correlation with patient history and other diagnostic information is necessary to determine infection status. Positive results do not rule out bacterial infection or co-infection with other viruses. The agent detected may not be the definite cause of disease.
- Negative results should be treated as presumptive, and do not rule out SARS-CoV-2 infection and should not be used as the sole basis for treatment or patient management decisions, including infection control decisions. Negative results should be considered in the context of a patient’s recent exposures, history and the presence of clinical signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19, and confirmed with a molecular assay, if necessary, for patient management.
- This test kit is not for at-home specimen collection or home-use.